This programme is for organisations needing basic language training in order to meet the 'comfortable' stage of Te Arawhiti's Whāinga Amorangi model.
By the end of this programme, participants will be able to:
- say a basic pepeha (mihi) to introduce themselves
- say a basic karakia which can be used to start a meeting
- pronounce basic Māori words correctly
- use basic greetings in and around the office
- talk about the status of the Māori language and why it is important
- use a range of strategies to learn language.
Supporting and building the expertise of Māori teachers nationally to acknowledge and value their contribution to improving outcomes for Māori students.
The Productivity Commission was asked to look at the persistence of disadvantage, influenced by the quality of economic inclusion and social mobility. Haemata was engaged by the Commission to elicit feedback from Māori and to ensure that the Māori voice was heard throughout the process.
This interactive self-paced programme will provide you with the materials and learning opportunities to progress your language learning journey. Get started with our demo! Click the available square below...