Te Whakamahi i ngā Paerewa Paetae (MĀORI MEDIUM)
Working with the aligned standards Māori medium: NCEA
“Ka tō he rā, ka rere hē rā”
Kaiako using Te Marautanga o Aotearoa to teach programmes leading to NCEA.
Two hui—5 days in total (Hui 1=2 days + Hui 2= 3 days).
Hui 3 is optional.
The course will cover:
- the newly aligned Māori-medium NCEA achievement standards
- how the achievement standards align with Te Marautanga o Aotearoa
- programme planning for teaching and learning programmes
- assessment task design, assessment task modification and portfolio assessment
- assessment planning.
At the end of the course, participants will have:
- a teaching programme based on Te Marautanga o Aotearoa
- an assessment plan which incorporates newly aligned NCEA achievement standards.
How this provision has been used
To introduce kaiako to:
- Te Marautanga o Aotearoa
- Newly aligned Paerewa Paetae
- Good teaching, learning and assessment practices.
Course Dates and Enrolment
Hui 1 (compulsory):
- 18-19 April ENROL HERE
- OR 9-10 May ENROL HERE
Hui 2 (compulsory):
Hui 3 (optional):
- 4-5 August ENROL HERE
|"Kua hoki mai te hīkaka o te ao mātauranga ki ahau. Kua whakangūngū hoki aku pukenga. Kua hangaia e au he huarahi hou, kia tutuki pai i aku akonga ngā paerewa paetae reo Māori".
|"I found this workshop to be thoroughly informative and has made me re-evaluate my work, from my yearly planning, my assessment planning and term planning. I am confident in designing my own assessment tasks and planning that will enable students to reach Kairangi".
|"Great experience, scaffolded by knowledgeable facilitators, the sharing of similar experiences, and through the participation in practical exercises to deepen understanding".