"E kore au e ngaro, te kākano i ruia mai i Rangiātea"
(Vision statement: Tū Rangatira, Māori Medium Educational Leadership).
- Kura leaders in Māori-medium settings.
- Boards of Trustees/whānau in governance roles.
Typical focus areas of support
- Charter review and development.
- Strategic and annual planning and reporting.
- Implementing the vision.
- Change management.
- Board reporting.
- Building or strengthening relationships with whānau and community.
- Establishing effective systems and processes.
- Day to day management.
- Personnel management.
- Performance management.
- Developing your leadership style.
- Tātaiako—leading effectively for Māori students.
- Tū Rangatira.
- Managing up and managing down.
- Managing workload.
Ways of working
Professional learning is most beneficial when it is relevant to you.
We work with kaiako and kura to identify what, how, and when support is best provided. There is no pre-designed programme that you have to fit into—the way we work together will be agreed in discussion with you based on what you want to achieve.
Support is available both through distance (e.g., online) and face to face meetings, observations, and discussions.
It is expected that both facilitators and leaders will do some work in between meetings to ensure development is ongoing and outcomes are achieved.